(packaged in 1 lb., 5 lb., 10 lb., 55 lb., and 1,000 lb. Super Sacks)
Activated Tri Base Pelletized Carbon contains three different carbons in every single pellet, and is used in High Technology Applications.
The Tri Base pellets have a stretched absorption range capable of adsorbing an enormous range of pollutants. This breakthrough in carbon technology is used in Medical, Industrial, Environmental. Military, Laboratory and Home applications. Among its many uses are filtration of air, water, extraction of gold, and volatile toxic gas removal.
Tri Base Pelletized Carbon is a extremely high grade Activated Carbon. Follow these simple instructions and you will not have a pH shock which will harm or kill your organisms.
For NEW TANKS: without fish, invertebrates, corals or live rock. Rinse with tap water in colander to remove activated powder. Place TBPC in your filter and turn on the filter.
For OLD TANKS: WITH fish, invertebrates, corals or live rock. Rinse TBPC in colander to remove activated powder. Then place TBPC in a bucket or bowl and submerge in tap water. Put a air stone to bubble the water or power head which shoots above the water and run to two - three days. Then add TBPC between ∏ to 1 cup every two or three days to your filter system so it will not shock your organisms. This product will be replaced if defective in manufacture. Except for such replacement there is no warranty or liability for loss or damage even if caused by negligence or fault.
For aquarium and pond use Tri Base has many advantages:
• Because of its high capacity a smaller amount can be used in the filter, which is ideal especially when filter size is limited.
• The high surface area allows it to last longer and makes it more cost effective than other carbons.
• The unique manufacturing process creates a very broad Angstrom range, enabling it to adsorb numerous chemicals from air and water. See below for a complete list!
• Adsorbs all fish odours.
• Tri Base is shipped fluffy and dry, with no water added for weight.
• When rinsed for the first time it sizzles like soda pop!
• Large pellet size allows it to be used in any kind of filter without clogging plastic screens, or restricting or channeling the water flow.
• Hard pellets do not turn to mush and flow down the drain into the aquarium, or clog the filter with fines.
• Freshwater, Brackish water and Pond. Highly recommended for reef, non reef systems. Ideal for sensitive species.
• One of the three types of carbon contained in the Tri Base is a uniquely structured form of carbon that, if used in conjunction with Right Now! Bacteria, allows this bacteria to complete the nitrogen cycle aerobically.
• The best bacteria bed on the market. Over 1150 m2/gram! Far superior than any plastic media or silica sand. One pound is equivalent to 454 grams. So the total surface of one pound is 1150 m2/gram X 454.
Hiatt Activated Tri-Pelletized Carbon will remove the following:
• Acetic acid, Acetic anhydride, Acetone, Acrolein, Acrylic acid, Acrylonitrile, Adhesives, Air-Wick, Alcoholic beverages, Amyl acetate, Amyl alcohol, Amyl ether, Animal odors, Anesthetics, Aniline, Antiseptics, Asphalt fumes, Automobile exhaust.
• Bathroom smells, Benzene, Bleaching odors, Body odors, Borane, Bromine, Burned flesh odors, Burn food odors, Burning fat odors, Butadiene, Butanone, Butyl acetate, Butyl alcohol, Butyl cellosolve, Butyl chloride, Butyl ether, Butyraldehyde, Butyric acid.
• Camphor, Cancer odors, Caprylic acid, Carbolic acid, Carbon disulfide, Carbon tetrachloride, Cellosolve, Cellosolve acetate, Charred materials odors, Cheese odors, Chlorine, Chloramine, Chlorobenzene, Chlorobutadiene, Chloroform, Chloronitropropane, Chloropicrin, Cigarette smoke odor, Citrus and other fruits, Cleaning compounds , Combustion odors, Cooking odors, Copper, Corrosive gases, Creosote, Cresol, Crotonaldehyde, Cyclohexane, Cyclohexanol, Cyclohexanone, Cyclohexene.
• Dead animal odors, Decane, Decaying substances, Deodorants, Detergents, Dibromethane, Dichlorobenzene, Dichlorodifluoromethane, Dichloroethane, Dichloroethylene, Dichloroethyle ether, Dichloromonofluormethane, Dichloronitroethane, Dichloropropane, Dichlorotetrafluoroethane, Diesel fumes fumeador, Diethylamine, Dimethyl ketone, Dimethylaniline, Dimethylsufate, Dioxane, Dipropyl ketone, Disinfectants.
• Embalming odors, Either, Ethyl acetate, Ethyl acrylic, Ethyl alcohol, Ethyl amine, Ethyl benzene, Ethyl bromide, Ethyl chloride, Ethyl ether, Ethyl formate, Ethyl mercaptan, Ethyl silicate, Ethylene chlorhydria, Ethylene dichloride, Ethylene oxide, Essential oils, Eucalyptole, Exhaust fumes.
• Fertilizers , Film processing odors, Fish odors, Flora scents, Fluorotrichloromethane, Food aromas, Formic acid, Fumes, Gangrene, Garlic odors & liquid.
• Gasoline, Gold, Growth inhibiting enzymes.
• Heptane, Heptylene, Hexane , Hexylene, Hexyne, Hospital odors, Household smells, Hydrogen iodide, Hydrogen sulfide.
• Incense fumes, Indole, Industrial wastes, Iodine, Iodoform, Irritants, Isophorone, Isoprene, Isopropyl acetate, Isopropyl alcohol, Isopropyl ether.
• Kerosene, Kitchen odors.
• Lactic acid, Lingering odors, Liquid fuels, Liquors odors, Lubricating oils, Lubricating greases, Lisle.
• Masking agents, Medicinal odors, Melon liquids, Menthol, Mercaptans, Mesityl oxide, Methyl acetate, Methyl acrylate, Methyl alcohol, Methyl bromide, Methyl butyl ketone, Methyl cellosolve, Methyl cellosolve acetate, Methyl chloride, Methyl chloroform, Methyl ether, Methyl ethyl ketone, Methyl formate, Methyl isobutyl ketone, Methyl mercaptan, Methylcyclohexane, Methylcyclohexanol, Methylcyclohexanone, Methylene chloride, Mildew odors, Mixed odors, Mold, Monochlorobenzene, Monofluorotrichloromethane, Moth balls.
• Naphtha (coal tar), Naphtha (petroleum), Naphthalene, Nicotine, Nitric acid, Nitro benzene, Nitrogen wastes, Nitroethane, Nitroglycerine, Nitromethane, Nitropropane, Nonane.
• Octalene, Octane, Odorants, Onions, Organic chemicals, Ozone.
• Packing house odors, Paint and redecorating odors, Palmitic acid, Paper deteriorations, Paradichlorobenzene, Paste and glue fumes & liquids, Pentane, Pentanone, Pentylene, Pentyne, Perchloroethylene, Perfumes, Cosmetics, Perspiration, Persistent odors, Pet odors, Phenol, Phosgene, Pitch, Plastic fumes, Pollen, Popcorn and candy odors, Poultry odors, Propionaldehyde, Propionic acid, Propyl acetate, Propyl alcohol, Propyl chloride, Propyl ether, Propyl mercaptan, Putrefying substances, Putrescine, Pyridine.
• Radon, Rancid oils, Resins, Reodorants, Ripening fruits, Rubber, fumes and odors.
• Sauerkraut, Sewer odors, Skatole, Slaughtering odors, Smog, Soaps, Smoke, Solvents, Sour milks, Spilled beverages, Spoiled foodstuffs, Stale odors, Stoddard solvent, Stuffiness, Styrene monomer, Sulfur trioxide, Sulfuric acid.
• Tar, Tarnishing gases, Tetrachloroethane, Tetrachloroethylene, Theatrical makeup odors, Tobacco smoke odor, Toilet odors, Toluene, Toluidine , Trichlorethylene, Trichloromethane, Turpentine.
• Urea, Uric acid, Valeric acid, Valericaldehyde, Varnish fumes, Vinegar, Vinyl chloride.
• Waste products, Wood alcohol.
|To order Hiatt Distributors Limited Products visit our Orders Page.
|For more detailed instructions on how to use our products, please visit the Technical section. This section includes FAQs (frequently asked questions), and Testimonials, which are updated on a regular basis.
|Visit the Links section for a variety of the Web's most interesting aquarium and fish sites. You will also find links to some of our many distributors.
|Visit the Contact page to reach HDL by regular mail, e-mail, phone or fax. You will also find links to our Webmaster, and HDL's various Technical Wizards. This is also the place to find a special online form that will allow you to send us a description of any type of technical problem you may be experiencing with your fish. Our Lab will be more than happy to try and come up with a solution for you.
and may not be reproduced without permission.